- The test bench is intended for work at depot and overhaul plants;
- The test bench is for magnetic powder inspection of newly-made axles (used axles can also be inspected) for detection of longitudinal and cross cracks; and attendant ultrasonic and eddy-current inspection;
- Detection of absence of cross cracks to the wheelset axle is performed by the magnetic powder defectoscope with a saddle-shaped solenoid on the carriage, detection of absence of longitudinal cracks performed by two defectoscopes with annular solenoids suspended from the carriage (the possibility of such a solution for longitudinal cracks detection is confirmed by the results of the development work in Malaja Vishera depot of Oktjabrskaja railway by experts in magnetic powder inspection of the Department of locomotive sector of JSCo "RZD", VNIIZhT, PKBTsT, of Oktjabrskaja railway).
Level of mechanization:
- Mechanized: magnetic powder suspension rotation (any type of suspension) according to the scheme mixing pump – spray gun with an adjustable spray jet – target item surface – suspension collection tray – mixing pump tank; due to desintegration of lumps of suspension parts stuck together because of magnetization in the mixing pump suspension longevity is increased by tens of times compared to its gauging in “the kettle”;
- Spraying item with suspension is performed by spraying devices located on carriages with solenoids in the process of their movement, or from the spray gun;
- Mechanized: wheelpair axle rotation – interrupted rotation for magnetic powder, eddy-current, ultrasonic inspection and continuous rotation for the magnetic powder control according to spiral line scheme (carriage with solenoid is moved simultaneously with the spraying of magnetic powder suspension and axle rotation, NDT inspector is only watching);
- Mechanized: carriages movement with the adjustable speed, manual movement is also possible;
- There is a tracing system which provides saddle-shaped solenoid position over the axle (40-60 mm from its inner radius to the axle surface, axle journals diameter – 160-180 mm, nave part diameter – 236 mm) without NDT inspector intervention at the mechanized or manual movement of the carriage (for annular solenoids it is not required based on the results of the development work).
Test bench structure:
- Test bench frame with attachment points of columns with rollers; gantry angling cylinder, strainer and hinges; rod to the crossbeam bracket (frame – rod – crossbeam – gantry with hinge joints form a pantograph, and when the gantry is bend for axle loading/unloading, they ensure crossbeam horizontal position);
- two columns with two pairs of rollers (axle contact surface coating: polyurethane), their rotary drives; wheelpair axle is loaded on the rollers; NDT inspector is working on the floor;
- inclinable gantry (operating position is vertical; bent position indicates axle loading/unloading by crane) with devices: 2 hinges resting on the frame below, two hinges on the console above for crossbeam suspension (hinge joints have settings to ensure correct crossbeam position relative to axle base on the test bench; it is adjusted during installation); attachment points of angling cylinder and strainer of two extreme positions of crossbeam and top for defectoscopes;
- crossbeam with two movable carriages with solenoids, tracing system of the saddle-shaped solenoid vertical position, gantry attachment points, pantograph rod, attachment points of cable conduits rockers to carriages;
- cylinder with a pneumatichydroconverter (to ensure gantry smooth bend) and pneumatic control system, extreme positions of the cylinder are limited by strainer (it has a regulating unit for the correct crossbeam position in the operating mode);
- a carriage with two annular solenoids on the left and a carriage with a saddle-shaped solenoid on the right, solenoid rod from the pneumatic cylinder changes its position relative to height above the controlled axle surface; carriages can be moved manually or by electric drive with adjustable speed; if the solenoid runs into an obstacle electric drive shuts down;
- top for defectoscopes between the gantry columns, bends together with the gantry;
- magnetic powder suspension spraying system for control areas: from the mixing pump (installed on the tank) suspension comes to a three-throw tap and then to the one of the spraying devices on the carriages or to the spray gun (NDT inspector selects the spraying mode), it returns to the tank from the trays located under the unit (4 of them along the crossbeam), suspension level (NORM/OVERFLOW) is indicated by indicator lamps;
- pneumatic control system;
- electric equipment cabinet (free-standing, with an underfloor cable conduit to the test bench) with the power part and program control system for the test bench mechanisms, lockout and other systems;
- the customer uses a mini-SOP as SOPs (produced in the Federal Republic of Germany);
- solenoid weight balancing system with a counterweight inside the gantry column through the cord mechanism;
- lighting systems: lamps on the gantry, two LED lamps on solenoids of each carriage and a portable lamp.
Test bench control:
- Axle turning is performed with the help of buttons on carriages;
- Make-and-break of the middle carriage powered movement is performed on the carriage;
- Gantry band for axle loading/unloading is performed with the help of the buttons on the electric equipment cabinet;
- Operation mode: tracing system make-and-break is performed with the help of the button on the electric equipment cabinet;
- Electric equipment cabinet: general control buttons, suspension spray systems control and lighting systems control.
Test bench designs:
- Test bench designs differ according to the particular test bench recipient; test benches differ in mixing pump design (depending on magnetic powder suspension base: water, solar-oil, or kerosene-oil) and foundation layout depending on the floor quality (finished floor and subflooring thickness and concrete brand).
Foundation is not required.
Примечание: в состав стенда дефектоскопы не входят.
This test bench represents a cardinal modernization of the test bench that was earlier supplied to Oktjabrskaja railway; it is operating in Malaja Vishera depot of Oktjabrskaja railway.
Note: defectoscopes are not included in the test bench delivery.